Information we collect: COOKIES
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Small files stored on your computer when you visit a website, ours won’t store personally identifiable information about you, but will remember you if you come back and let us know what pages you were interested in.
If you want to, you can restrict or block cookies for our sites using your web browser settings, but that might reduce some functionality for the site.
Disabling Cookies on a Browser.
You will have to alter your browser privacy settings and that will depend on which browser you are using – here are the most popular browsers instruction pages.
Cookies, (you can disable or decline them on your browser) could collect data from you, or where we analyse visitor statistics we could identify other personal information such as your IP address, but mainly it’s not too personal and just boring statistics and we use them to try to improve the website performance and your experience as a visitor.
These are some of the ways we may collect information. But it’s not limited to only these.
- Information such as Location data, weblogs or traffic data, and maybe some other communication information.
- Obviously if you register to receive comparison quotes, or you enter personal information on any of our current or future feedback forms, we will collect and save this information.
Personal Information and how we use it
Information we collect about you helps us get better and improve the services on offer.
Any information you submit to us from this, or any other of our associated websites, is used in relation to the products or services we offer, but we could also use it to send you information on services we think you may have an interest in as long as you consent.
- What this means is that you have automatically agreed to consent for us to use your information for marketing a range of related services to you in the future.
- If you want to withhold your consent, you can write to us or, just put “no marketing” in the comments section of the form that you submit.
- By submitting any information to us, you are should be aware that the information is sent over the internet & be prudent with the amount of information that you share.
- We don’t give your information to anyone else or allow others access to your information; except where we have to do so in order to provide the services that you have personally requested.
A good example of this would be where you have requested comparison quotes and we then have to inform an installer that you wanted a quote. In that instance it’s obvious we would need to tell them who you are and how to contact you.
- We don’t give (or sell) your information to third parties that are not related to the things you are interested in.
- You will only be contacted if you have already given us permission to do so and then it will only be based on the information you provided and that which we collected.
- If you don’t want us to use your information you are free to decline us the right to do so. As soon as you tell us, we will delete your details from our records immediately.
Personal Data Storage
Basically, when you submit your information you are agreeing for us to use it in our core business (also within that is the agreement to storage and transfer of data)
You should understand that when we send your information to an authorised third party it will be done electronically via the internet and that by its very nature the internet is not totally secure.
We may release your data to other parts of our company or group of companies, such as subsidiaries or holding companies, but only if absolutely necessary.
- If we sell our business, then the information is, by default, disclosed to a third party (the new owner).
- In the event we are legally required, we may have to divulge your information or other data about you.
We are registered under the data protection act 1998, so we can’t deny you access to any information we hold on you. If you want to know what it is or see it, simply send an email with “DPA information request” as the subject heading and we will forward you the information by return mail within 24 hours.
(We reserve the right to charge you £10:00 to cover any unusual administration expenses incurred by acting upon your request)
Contact us: email@example.com